December 12, 2012

Christmas Woodland Display

 
For years I've been on the lookout  for a vintage toy barn or cabin to used in my holiday displays.  Since I haven't had much luck, this year I decided I need a "Plan B"
 
Micheal's sells small wood cabin's in the unfinished wood section and I thought one of those might do the trick.
 

After painting and distressing it a little I'm thinking it works - - don't you?
 
Oh sure, most cabins aren't red and white,  which my kids were quick to point out.

 
No matter . . .


I wouldn't mind a real life sized red and white cabin.  Passer-byers can chuckle all they'd like.


I'll be warm and cozy inside my red and white cabin watching the deer from my window with a smile on my face.
 

 
Robin
 
Linked to:
 
 


15 comments:

  1. A red and white cabin is the best kind of cabin! I love this post, brings joy to my heart, and I love the deer too. Your cabin is just perfect! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could totally live here! I think I may need to make one of those....perhaps I'll make mine pink and white!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!! I think you are brilliant! It really looks vintage. Hmmm, where could I put one next year?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest thing!!! I love it! I don't blame you for wanting a real life sized red and white cabin. Preferably in the snow. LOL! You did a great job on yours. It's a nice alternative to a gingerbread house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin! I absolutely love your red and white cabin! I would love to live in one too :) You did a great job, much better than anything you could have bought already done. Your home is so pretty and I love all of your Christmas decor. The mittens are so cute and I love the village on your hutch :)
    Happy Holidays,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's darling! And I love it just the way it is; red and white and very inviting. If I was quite a bit shorter I would love to spend a few cozy nights in this little cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little cabin cottage!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I've always found miniature displays to be so adorable, but this one is particularly endearing. It's simplicity is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is adorable! And I agree, a white cabin would be just fine for me:) I'm going to have to see if I can find one of these on my next trip to Michael's!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today, your comment made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea Michaels sold these. I love your red and white cabin,so cozy and warm. Your bottle brush trees and deer are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I wouldn't mind a real-life sized one of these myself! Totally charming.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mhmm... I love mini houses! At first I thought these were lincoln logs... remember those? Beautiful display!

    toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!